Clayton, Georgia

Have 226 serial #U125127 that experienced case head separation and blew the slide completely off the gun.Frame broke on both sides,grip shattered and cut my hand,slide spread about 1/4 apart.

I experienced 2 case head failures with my 1911 colt in Vietnam and just blew the mag out both times,worked fine after. Called SigSauer and asked to send in for repair.Was told they would not repair and I should just buy another. No thanks,don't want another grenade going off in my hand.I did not expect this from sig.

Thought they would at least stand behind their products better or want to inspect the 226 for mechanical issues.I'm done with sig.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with SIG SAUER and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about SIG SAUER.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Shopping category for more informed decision or compare SIG SAUER to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with SIG SAUER?

Comments

The issue is with cheap ammo you utilized - not the gun.

Why torch a gun manufacturer because of a failure solely related to the ammunition you were using?

rollo2016

Odd they wouldn't want to inspect it. I have the same model and have put thousands of rounds thru it with no problems. But, in your case given Sig's response, buy a different brand.